HIPAA COMPLIANCE POLICY
Offer to Counsel
If you have any questions regarding this prescription or any other medication, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or during store counseling hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, Central Time) at 1-888-206-2701.
Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
ModernManHealth is committed to protecting your privacy. As a healthcare provider, we know that your trust in us is of central importance.
THIS POLICY DISCLOSES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WAYS WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND LIMIT THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU THAT IS SHARED.
If ModernManHealth should change its information practices, we will provide you notice of any material changes.
Strict Security Measures
ModernManHealth takes the security of information very seriously and has established security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to patient information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to comply with federal standards to guard patient information.
In the event of a security breach, you shall be notified as soon as possible if it is believed that your information has been unintentionally accessed, acquired, used, or disclosed.
The following are ways modernmanhealth.com will use and disclose your protected health information (PHI). Every allowable use or disclosure may not be listed.
- Treatment ModernManHealth.com will use and disclose PHI to third parties for the purpose of coordinating and managing your healthcare. For example, such use and disclosure may be necessary to accurately dispense your prescription medication.
- Payment ModernManHealth.com will use and disclose PHI to receive payment for our services. We may disclose your PHI to other HIPAA covered entities or business associates who may need it for their processing of your healthcare payments.
- Healthcare Operations ModernManHealth.com will use and disclose PHI for administrative purposes to evaluate and improve the quality of care we provide you.
We may also use or disclose PHI for the following purposes without your prior authorization:
- Business associates ModernManHealth.com may provide some services through contracts with HIPAA-compliant business associates, such as an accountant or a data destruction company. The business associates must enter into a confidentiality agreement to protect your PHI from unauthorized use and disclosure.
- Communication with individuals involved in your care If you do not object, ModernManHealth.com may disclose PHI to an individual involved in your care, such as a friend, family member or other third party.
- Parents or legal guardians If you are a minor, we may release your PHI to your parents or legal guardians when we are permitted or required to do so under federal and applicable state law.
- Health related communications ModernManHealth.com may contact you to provide refill reminders or other health-related services that may be of interest to you as permitted by law.
- As required by law We may disclose PHI when required to do so by federal, state or local law.
- Law enforcement We may disclose PHI for law enforcement purposes, in response to a subpoena or other legal process.
- Public health As required by law, we may disclose PHI about you to public health authorities to prevent or control a serious threat to the health and safety of another person. We may also disclose PHI for the purpose of reporting adverse events and product recalls.
- Health oversight activities We may disclose PHI to an oversight agency for activities authorized by law. These activities would include pharmacy investigations, audits, credentialing and inspections required for our licensure. These are governmental agencies who monitor the health care system who are subject to government regulation and civil right laws.
- Judicial and administrative proceedings We may disclose your PHI in response to a subpoena, court or administrative order, or other lawful process, but only if efforts were made to notify you about the request or to obtain an order protecting the requested PHI as required by law.
- Coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors We may disclose PHI to a coroner or medical examiner. This may be necessary to identify a deceased person or determine the cause of death. We may also disclose PHI to funeral directors as necessary with applicable laws so they may carry out their duties.
- Organ, eye and tissue donation We may disclose PHI, consistent with applicable law to organizations who engage in organ procurement or transplant to facilitate the donation.
- Research Under certain circumstances, we may disclose PHI for research purposes. Before disclosing PHI we would either remove information that personally identifies you or obtain your written authorization.
- Military and veterans Under certain circumstances, we may disclose to military authorities PHI or armed forces personnel.
- National security We may disclose PHI to authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence, and other national security activities authorized by law.
- Correctional institution We may disclose PHI of an inmate to the institution when necessary for your health or the health and safety of others.
- Workers’ compensation We may disclose your PHI to comply with Workers’ Compensation Laws or other similar programs.
We may also use and disclose your PHI for the following purposes, provided we receive prior authorization from you:
- Psychotherapy notes. Your authorization must be obtained for any use and disclosure of any psychotherapy notes, except in the context of treatment, payment, or health care operations.
- Marketing. Your authorization must be obtained for any use and disclosure of PHI for marketing purposes, except in the context of face-to-face communications or promotional gifts of nominal value.
- Sale of protected health information. Your authorization must be obtained for any disclosure of PHI in the context of a sale of such information to any third party. Such authorization must specify that the use or disclosure of your PHI to a third party will result in our remuneration.
Other Uses and Disclosures of your PHI
We are required by law to protect the privacy of your information, provide this notice of our information practices, and to abide by the information practices described in this notice. modernmanhealth.com will request written authorization from you before using or disclosing your PHI for purposes not included in this document or as otherwise permitted or required by law. If you provide authorization and want to revoke this authorization at any time, or have any questions or complaints, this can be done in writing at any time by sending a written request to the Secretary and to:
Attn: Privacy Officer
400-500 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Attention: Privacy Officer
Telephone No. (888) 206-2701
Facsimile No. (888) 533-9698
E-Mail: [email protected]
You may also call if you have any questions or complaints, please contact ModernManHealth.com at 1-888-206-2701. Any individual who files a complaint will not be retaliated against for such filing.
This revocation will not affect any use or disclosure of your PHI allowed by your authorization while it was in effect.
Individual RightsIn most cases, you have the right to look at or get a copy of health information about you that we use to make decisions about your care. You also have the right to receive a list of instances where we have disclosed health information about you.
If you believe that information in your record is incorrect or if important information is missing, you have the right to request that we correct or add the missing information.
We will take precautions to prevent inappropriate or non-essential use or distribution of patient information when transmitted via the Internet and while the pharmacy possesses such information.
You may request in writing that we not use or disclose your information for treatment payment and administrative purposes except when specifically authorized by you, when required by law, or in emergencies. We will consider your request but are not legally required to accept it except as provided by law.
In the event that you have agreed to receive this notice electronically, you may also receive a paper copy of this policy upon request.
Updating This Policy
Any changes to our HIPAA Compliance and information handling practices shall be acknowledged in this policy in a timely manner. We may add, modify or remove portions of this policy when we feel it is appropriate to do so. You may determine when this policy was last updated by referring to the modification date found at the bottom of each of ModernManHealth.com’s HIPAA Compliance web page.Last updated: April 19, 2021